Monday, 8 November 2010

Feeling Stretched

Life's not always fair.  Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow.  ~Terri Guillemets
 
Last week was a stretching week and I feel sore as a result.
Muscles that I haven't worked in a long time are now causing me discomfort as I have been starting to rely on them once again - unaided, without a crutch.
Building up the strength in these muscles again is a painful process.

I have spent the week tripping over my bad attitudes which have been constantly strewn across my path.
They end up hurting not only me but also those I love.

I need to do my stretches so the aches and pains don't cripple me, so I don't walk with a limp.
I know I need to once again become strong enough to not let the emotions that come through circumstances consume me.

I have to realise there's no point overexerting myself - just little by little, stronger day by day - and going easy on myself with no expectations so I can once again effortlessly live lightly and joyfully.

6 comments:

  1. Hmmmm Good stuff Brigitte. Stretching - can be painful at the time, but prevents long term injury!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bit by bit. Go easy on yourself. And I understand. Love you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully expressed Brigitte. Thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love this post. It reminds me in so many ways of the journey I too am on. On Sunday in church I was stuck with the fact that God sets us up to succeed and that He only requires of us little by little. Deuteronomy 7 is an awesome example of how God looks after us and that the best results are achieved little by little (vs 22). Praying for you and your family xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you frustrated from looking for bitcoin faucets?
    Double your claiming speed with this advanced BITCOIN FAUCET ROTATOR.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you think about using the best Bitcoin exchange company - YoBit.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...