Friday 19 November 2010

Gems of the Week

Precious, Priceless, Pockets of Happiness during my week.

Here's some more of that Good Stuff. The 'stuff' that makes me smile / remember fondly / look forward to with great expectation.

~ Ladies and Gentlemen, Elvis is in the House.

~ Today we (Luca, Beni and I) went on a speed boat to see Mormor and Scrumpy. When we got there we saw a lion so we all had to jump back onto the speedboat and drive away as fast as we could. Luca drove (not Scrumpy). Then we went to visit Gretchie.
Then Papa came home and we had to move the speed boat so he could get his bike in the front door.

~ We now have a new oven and a new combi-boiler. Both were installed over the last 3 days so things have been rather busy/topsy-turvy in our household. But all the workers have now vacated the building and I am now confident our family will be well fed and warm during the long winter months ahead. This pleases this Mamma's heart.

~ My husband announced the extremely exciting news that Bon Jovi are confirmed to play in Hyde Park next year. AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One thing you probably don't know about me is that I LOVE Jon Bon Jovi. And I mean love love love him! Ever since I was 11 years old and saw their video for Living On A Prayer for the first time. *sigh*
I can still remember where I was: at my friend Karen's place for a sleep-over with a few other friends and we recorded it from RTR Countdown and replayed it over and over and over again - screaming each time we saw the silhouettes of their permed heads emerge from the amongst the spotlights and dried-ice.
Here you are my friends - watch it and weep/scream/faint:

I have my knickers all ready to throw at him. They have been ready to throw at him since I was 11 so unfortunately they are not the most feminine/sexy/lacy pair... but I'm sure he will still be flattened flattered...

~ My husband gave me a gift this evening when he got home - a very chunky-funky red and gold bangle and a pair of beautiful blue suede gloves. Why? Just because.
Just because:
- he loves me
- he wants to remind me he is supporting and loving me through this horrible journey with PND.
- he's wonderful.
Need I mention my husband is so blimmin awesome?!

~ The littlest guy is turning ONE on Monday - awwwwwwwww!! Cake-making commences tomorrow.

Happy Weekend One and All!
X

5 comments:

  1. Dad and I sitting in the caravan listening to Jon Bon Jovi and dad tolerating (?) me singing along to the good bits ...
    Memories of leg warmers, permed fringes, good times.
    We are wondering where the lion is and we hope he doesn't jump out and scare us when we're not prepared. Thanks for warning us Luca. We'll get Fezzy onto him - that'll scare the living daylights out of him no doubt.
    Love Beni's beanie.
    Love you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Elvis baby! And blue gloves...whatta guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bon Jovi was my first real concert that I went to! & Goo Goo Dolls opened for them... another band that I love. It was so awesome! & an early Happy Birthday to your little Beni!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday for your little man! Can't wait to see the cake - That's the part I love most about the kids birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bon Jovi. Ah yes. Well an option is to get yourself to Wellington by 3 December and come along with me, I'm going to need a singing / air-kicking / air guitar partner. Either way you can expect a number of mid-concert calls so you can sing along. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...