Friday 11 March 2011

The Gratitude Runs Deep

Japan is heavy on my heart.
Upon learning of the terrible mega-quake in Japan today and the resulting Tsunami, I am once again reminded of the fragility and preciousness of life.

When mankind is dealt with blows from the forces of nature we realise we are so powerless against them.

And I think it makes us realise we need GOD watching over our lives and protecting our loved ones now, more than ever before.


This realisation instantly makes me re-prioritise.


It makes me hug my children tighter than before.
It makes me wish my husband would come home from work early so we can all be together, safe.

And it makes me so very grateful.
Grateful for all that I am blessed to have.


A roof over our heads, heating, running water, children who are fed, bathed and now sleeping soundly in their beds, a healthy baby growing steadily and moving happily in my womb, my husband who has just brought me a cup of Milo and a cookie.


I love the new Hillsong United album "Aftermath". It is awesome. Powerful lyrics and music, God-breathed for sure.
The track titled "Aftermath" is my favourite at the moment. Take a moment to play this YouTube link and follow the lyrics.
WARNING: You may need to lie prostrate on the ground, especially when the 'bridge' kicks in.




Sending many prayers to My God this weekend for the people of Japan.

3 comments:

  1. It's so sad isn't it?! Heartbreaking, seeing that footage and knowing there are so many missing. Our good family friend is currently in Japan, but she Facebooked that she's alright! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully put Brigitte. With all these tragedies around us it definitely reminds you just how much our lives rest in God's hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Brigitte!
    Am thinking of getting that CD to listen to in the car for the long journeys.
    Completely random here, but - is Beni left handed :o)?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...