Monday 19 July 2010

Let the good times roll

We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today.  ~Stacia Tauscher


I have two very precious little boys.

One of them has many moments of being absolute dynamite! Happy dynamite though.


The other likes to smile and giggle. A lot.


They both squeal with delicious delight when they are being tickled.

 
And they both love to get out and discover the world around them.


Last week was a bit of a crazy week with it's highs and lows.
LOW being I got a tummy bug... resulting in way too many regular trips to the toilet. Not happy about that...
HIGH being I've registered for the Loch Ness Marathon in 11 weeks time! WHOOP!!
I'm pretty excited about this as it's my first ever marathon and I can't think of a more beautiful place to do the run than in the Highlands in Scotland! A. MAY. ZING.

So with the highs and lows of the week been and gone we determined to make the most of our time together as a family during the weekend.
We did our usual Saturday morning 'Family Run' around Richmond Park which involved us having to stop to administer snacks and rummage around for dummies a few too many times for my liking!

Because there were so many unscheduled stops on our run we had to rapidly shower, wolf down lunch and then fly out the door to a very special little girl's 2nd Birthday Party! The theme was 'Mickey & Minnie Mouse' so, in true form, I was sorting out the boy's costumes 5 minutes before we had to be there...


I painted Luca's arms black because he didn't have a black long sleeve top... Worked a treat until it all started flaking off before we even got there! Oh well. At least we made the effort and they did look really cute!
It was a wonderfully relaxed party with only a handful of children there and the mother of the birthday girl 39 weeks pregnant! They are legends. I LOVE the way they do things!


And of course 'Birthday Girl' was just too cute for words.


On Sunday Austin had some Father-Son time and graciously accepted to take the boys in to church without me as I felt I needed a B.R.E.A.K. and just a bit of space for a few hours.
So I stayed in bed until 12:30pm (I know! Unheard of!!), then got up, did the odd bit of tidying up here and there and made bacon and egg pie (even made the puff pastry from scratch! I felt quite proud of myself).

When the boys got home and after their naps Austin suggested a walk down to the River Thames with a picnic dinner - lovely! I love being spontaneous like that. Not a lot of planning, just chuck the kids in the buggy and go.
Luca's new football came along for the ride also.


On the way we spotted a very cool old British Racing Car in incredible condition


Wish I could've seen the person who drove it - I bet they had some racing goggles, leather cap with the flappy ear coverings and a floaty scarf around their neck so it could flap satisfying in the wind as they drove. Jealous I am.

And so down to the river we went where there were many a sail boat and runners galore. We parked ourselves on a seat facing the river and just watched life go by with our laughing, smiling boys who love life oh so very much.


Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can.  ~Danny Kaye


3 comments:

  1. Hey Brigitte!! Wow, I just love those photos of your boys at the top of this post! And I loved that quote at the top as well. So beautiful!
    Just wanted to stop by and say HI! cos I've been away but I'm BACK!
    xx
    PS good on you with the RUN!! Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pics as always Bri, the boys look gorgeous and you and Austin are looking really good too :) I love how Luca ABSORBS life, whether running around and being actively IN it, or happily observing and watching like he is in the photos in this post, looking at the river and the boats on the Thames .... I could learn a thing or two from him I think. His Mormor will no doubt be very proud !! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, Mormor is indeed VERY proud of her gorgeous wee boys :o)!!! Love the absorbing ... so important to be able to get into that space before you can actually do it though. Slowing everything down ...
    Love the wee birthday girl - how gorgeous is she xx!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...